- Kazakh National Medical University (KazNMU) is one of the top medical universities of Kazakhstan. The university was established in 1930 in the provincial area of Almaty city.
- The city is known to have a population of around 1,000,000 - 5,000,000. With its incredible academic outcomes, the Kazakhstan government classified it as the national university in the year 2001.
- The university is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- The university was begun with the mission to define a perfect model of competitive and innovation centered institution in order to convey highly qualified medical education to the students around the world.
- The structure of the university is strong enough to give up-to-date scientific investigations on urgent problems of Public health, implemented in practical health care at a medical services market.
- KNMU offers courses that lead to higher recognised degrees like bachelor degrees, master degrees and doctorate degrees.
- Many students from different countries apply to get admission in MBBS in KazNMU.
- Kazakh National Medical University is exceptional with the modernized framework and the best medical instruments.
- As of now, there are more than 11,000 students studying there and more than 1500 faculty members are working in Kazakh National Medical University.
- The faculty members comprise more than 500 candidates of science, over 200 doctors of science, 130 professors, and 15 laureates of State prizes.
Why Study MBBS at Kazakh National Medical University?
- It is the top university in Kazakhstan. The Kazakhstan city is rich in natural and pure mineral resources.
- As Kazakhstan is the best place in terms of the education sector, it is a regional study hub for central Asia.
- At Kazakh national medical university, one semester contains 5 months. The university offers its curriculum in English medium.
- The fees are low compared to other universities.
- The university has highly qualified teaching faculty and thus the quality of education is the best.
- University has a very large and nice campus which is the largest in the country.
Kazakh National Medical University - MBBS Duration
The course duration for the MBBS course at Kazakh National Medical University is 5-years. The students are focused on basic medical sciences as well as clinical studies, throughout the program.
Medium of Teaching
For international students studying at this university, the courses are taught in the English language.
Hostels & Accommodation
Kazakh National Medical University’s residence hall has space for 2198 students, accommodated in sharing.
At the residence, there are 2, 3, and 4 seater standard furnished rooms that are equipped with all the requirements for comfortable living for students.
The students are provided with many facilities like Computer rooms, Kitchens, Laundry room, Library, Canteen, gym, Reading rooms, recreation room, big conference hall, TV and DVD room, Study rooms on each floor.
Also, the hostel is equipped with Wi-Fi internet access and has a Sports complex that consists of sports like basketball, taekwondo, judo, volleyball, u-shu, sambo, wrestling, etc.
Accreditation and Recognition
National Medical Commission (NMC).
World Health Organization (WHO).
World Federation for Medical Education (WFME).
Republic of Kazakhstan's Ministry of Education and Science
There are a large number of student organizations at Kazakh National Medical University.
There is a Committee on youth affairs, KVN Team, University Student Government, Debate Club, Student Union Committee Demeu, Sector of students’ scientific-research work, and council of young scientists, Intellectual Club, Volunteer Club, Student ombudsman, and Students university patrol.
There are many different faculties of medicine so that students can make a choice. Students studying at this university can experience a multicultural environment as students from different nationalities study at this university.
Students studying at this university can participate in student exchange programs, attend seminars, international conferences, etc. as the university has international relations with many other organizations in different countries.
The Kazakh National Medical University is recognized by the Republic of Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Education and Science.
The university delivers highly qualified medical education to the students worldwide.
The structure of the university is strong enough and it provides up-to-date scientific investigations on urgent problems of Public health, implemented in practical health care at a medical services market.