- The International Higher School of Medicine as a structural unit of the IUK academic consortium was established in 2003.
- The main prerequisite for establishment of the school was a strategy of reforming Kyrgyz education system and increasing competitiveness of domestic Universities.
- Which resulted in the main emphasis of IHSM administration and faculty being focused on the creation of a modern dynamic educational institution that can provide high quality training and has competitive potential in the medical education market.
- The School’s MD program is ranked the best in the nation with our teachers, scientists and physicians being the leading experts in their fields.
- Seventeen years ago the first 13 students were enrolled, whereas at present about 3500 students study in the school.Most University students are citizens of foreign countries : India, Pakistan, South Korea, USA, Great Britain, Russia, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Japan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Turkey and Syria .
- This is why the language of instructions is English.
- Thus the main priority for the administration of IHSM is still to continue the enhancement of a modern dynamic educational institution that provides high quality education to have competitive potential in the education market.
- IHSM is the top University of Kyrgyzstan according to the National Rating 2020 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Kyrgyz Republic.
The IHSM is registered and co operates with may international institutions:
- World Health Organization (WHO).
- World Federation for Medical Education(WFME).
- Foundation for the Advancement of Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
- Organization of PhD training programs in the field of biomedical and medical science in the European system (ORPHEUS).
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE).
- Association of Medical Universities of the Kyrgyz Republic (AMUKR).
- Association of Medical School in Europe (AMSE). Asian Medical Education Association(AMEA).
- International Network of Higher Education Quality Assurance Agencies (INQAAHE).
- International Federation of Medical Students Association(IFMSA).
- Asia Pacific Quality Network(APQN).
- Asian Medical Students Association(AMSA)
Health & Security
Each IHSM student is required to have adequate medical service coverage to enroll in any IHSM offered program, IHSM medical service coverage is provided, for the duration of student’s study in the school. Medical service coverage fee will be added to student tuition. Medical coverage covers emergency hospitalization and medical aid, (medical advice as well as blood pressure or temperature measuring, injection, dropper on doctor’s recommendations etc) the nurse is ready to be at your service.
Libraries at IHSM are dedicated to supporting the curriculum and educational mission of the University. We encourage you to take full advantage of the resources and services the Library has to kindly offer you, one can visit the Library, or contact librarian if you need assistance or have questions about research, librarian and support staff are available to assist students, faculty and staff are using the Library’s resources and facilities, at IHSM we want you to help meet your research and learning goals, trust the resources and services that University is providing will definitely be helpful to you.
IHSM students are coming from different countries with their own distinct cultures, perspectives and lifestyles. The main goal of the faculty and administration is to help them get accustomed to the new environment. Sometimes simple information about housing, food, shopping, postal and bank services is essential to keep students well functioning.
Food and accommodation
- IHSM has a special provision for food and catering to student needs through its mess / canteen.
- The Indian IHSM mess has a variety of menu that includes chapattis, rice, sweets etc.
- The Mess serves Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian dishes.
- Vegetarian dishes include vegetables and pulses while Non-Vegetarian dishes include mutton, chicken and fish. Meals are served three times a day.
- There is a specified discipline in the IHSM mess. Correct timings should be maintained by students. Special preparations can be ordered or requested by students to the IHSM mess administration to celebrate birthdays , festivals and parties etc.
- IHSM has taken care of accommodation places by disposing of its own dormitories for both girls and boys. It is quite sufficient for students to live comfortably.
- Students do not even need to worry about their meals as hostel canteens and cafes are normally located next door.
- Special workers have been appointed in order to maintain cleanliness in the hostel rooms, corridors, premises,washrooms and bathrooms.
- At present, the IHSM has provided several dormitories to its foreign students. Usually female wardens are responsible for the safety of students inside each hostel.
- Entrances and exits of each hostel have additional inner gates to ensure extra security and safety of the students. Each hostel has a set of toilets and bathrooms that have a regular cold and hot water supply.
- Besides, each hostel has its laundry room, gym hall, while some of them have billiards rooms and rooms for individual reading and training.
- In addition to this, our students enjoy Wi-Fi connection. Transportation is made available for the 1st year students to take them to the School and back to the hostel.
KYRGYZSTAN is one of the Central Asian countries bordered by Kazakhstan, China, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. It is a mountainous country, 93% of its territory is located at over 1000 meter above sea level. Several glaciers in the mountains are the source of many beautiful rivers and lakes. The lake of Issyk-Kul is the largest in Kyrgyzstan and the largest mountain lake in the world second only for Titicaca. The lake is in the north-eastern Tian-Shan mountains. The climate of Kyrgyzstan is continental with hot summers and cold winters in the mountain regions. Yet, approximately 247 days a year are sunny. The capital BISHKEK is situated in the Chui lowlands in the north of the country, between the Talas valley in the west and the eastern Issyk-Kul region. It was founded in 1878 and originally was called Pishpek, which is the name of a wooden paddle which the Kyrgyz used to make their kymyz (kumiss – fermented mare’s milk), the national drink. Later, during the Soviet period, it was named Frunze after the famous Russian General Mikhail Frunze. After declaration of Independence in 1991, it was renamed to Bishkek.
Whenever an official holiday is celebrated in Kyrgyzstan, most shops, public buildings and banks are closed, or have special operating hours.
- 1st January – New Year Celebration.
- 7th January – Orthodox Christmas.
- 23rd February – Motherland Defenders day.
- 8th March – International Women’s Day.
- 21st March – “Nooruz” (Kyrgyz traditional New Year’s holiday).
- 7th April – Day of that People’s April Revolution.
- 1st May – International Labour’s Day.
- 5th May – Constitution Day.
- 9th May – The Day of Victory in the second World War.
- 31st August – Independence Day .
- ** - Orozo Ait (Eid-al-Fitr Muslim holiday ).
- ** - Kurman Ait (Eid-al-Adha Muslim holiday ).
- ** dates are corrected in accordance with the Lunar Calendar(the dates are not fixed)